Volunteer Literacy & English as a Second Language (ESL) Tutors and Classroom Aides Needed!
Help adults in Bucks County acquire the skills they need to improve their lives and the lives of their families.
Currently needed for in-person and online tutoring in Central & Lower Bucks County –Bensalem, Bristol, Croydon, Doylestown, and Levittown
- No prior teaching experience is required.
- All lesson plans and materials are provided by Vita professional educators.
- Ongoing support for tutors is provided by our full-time professional staff.
- Tutors work with their small groups of adult learners 2.5 hours each week.
- Day and evening tutoring assignments are available.
- Tutors must hold a 4-year college degree
Training: Tutors watch self-paced, online instructional videos followed by an in-person evening training session in mid- or late September.
- Work with adult learners in ESL and Literacy classes under the guidance of classroom teachers 2.5 hours each week.
- Facilitate small group activities or work one-to-one with a student to help improve skills in reading, writing, and speaking English.
- Both in-person and online opportunities; day and evening are available.
- Qualified volunteers must have a High School or High School Equivalency Diploma and be at least 18 years of age
Training: Classroom Aides watch self-paced, on-line instructional videos. At the end of training, program directors will meet with each person to answer questions and determine placement.
To register, complete the form found HERE
You will then be contacted to answer questions and discuss the next steps.
Questions? Call 215-345-8322 or email email@example.com